The privacy of citizens in general, us included, and especially of our customers is very important to us. We are committed to safeguard it. We aim at ensuring that our website is exceedingly user-friendly. This policy describes how we do that as well as what we do and not do with the personal customer information.
1. Data controller
Arctica Estates is an auxiliary business name of Profunx Oy, Kuhmo.
2. Contact person
Name Mr. Timo Niskanen
3. Name of the register
The name of the register is Customer database, the filing system of the Data controller.
4. Legal basis of the processing of personal data
General Data Protection Regulation (EU/2016/679) and Data Protection Act (1050/2018).
The data subject defined in the above Regulation is hereinafter called the Customer.
5. Purposes of processing
The personal data stored in the Customer database can be processed for the Customer relationship management and Customer communication purposes, such as:
• maintenance and development of Customer relationships;
• Customer – Data controller communication;
• processing of reservations made by Customer;
• selling and providing services;
• payments, invoicing, receivables and debt collection, and
• development of the business of and customer service provided by the Data controller.
6. Processed personal data
The following personal data may be stored in the Customer database :
• first and last name, date of birth when disclosed, address, telephone number, e-mail address and nationality;
• reservation data, payment status and method information (all payment transactions go through brokers, like PayPal, so the Data controller does not store private payment details such as credit card data);
• information regarding use of services and purchases, Customer choices and preferences, and
• Customer relationship management and Customer communication in general.
7. Regular sources of personal data
• booking agencies, and
• other relevant parties receiving data from the Customer and disclosing it to the Data controller.
This site uses Google Analytics to compile statistical analysis of website visits. Identifiable information about users is not collected.
8. Regular disclosure of data
• Public authorities, based on legislation, and
• third parties, such as service providers and business partners.
This website includes hyperlinks to and details of third party websites. The Data controller has no control over, and is not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third
9. Transfer of data to countries outside the EU or EEA
Data is not regularly disclosed or transferred outside the EU and the EEA.
Customer data may be transferred to countries outside the EU and EEA for purposes necessary to enable the realization of Customer service, for instance data that is transferred for Customer’s visa purposes.
10. Rights of the Customer
Requests related to the exercising of the Customer rights shall be made to the Contact person in writing.
The Customer may instruct the Data controller, through the Contact person, to provide any personal information Data controller holds about the Customer. The Data controller may request the Customer to verify his/her identity with an official identity document or another reliable method.
The Data controller may withhold personal information that the Customer requests, to the extent permitted or stipulated by law.
The Customer may instruct the Data controller at any time not to process the Customer’s personal information for marketing purposes, or the Data controller will provide the Customer with an opportunity to opt out of the use of personal information for marketing purposes.
The Customer has the right to request for correction and updating the relevant information in the Customer database.